The Rational Policy Podcast is back with another installment of the Foreign Telegram! A lot has happened abroad in the months of May and June 2023, and host Mike Cote brings you all of the most important news. Three subjects really made a huge impact over the past two months: elections in Turkey, a potential US-China rapprochement, and the Russia coup that wasn’t. Listen in to get the key information and geopolitical perspective on these critical topics and what they mean for the United States and the world.
- Turkish elections: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65743031
- US-China detente: https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/06/the-biden-administrations-foolish-china-thaw/
- Russia Wagner mutiny:
- Chronology of coup attempt: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/25/prigozhins-march-on-moscow-chronology-of-an-attempted-coup
- Surovikin arrest: https://news.yahoo.com/rumors-grow-top-russian-general-213316102.html
- Wagner in Africa: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-66023041